How To DIY
Here at Wallpaper Brokers we don't just want you to pick the right wall covering for your Decorating Project, we also want it to look as amazing as it can.
This page is to assist you in making an informed decision on whether you should DIY or if you should engage the assistance of a professional Painter & Wallpaper Decorator.
Click on the page that applies to the product your inquiring about.
Further more detailed instructions are supplied to our customers upon request.
- Water trough (depending on type of Product you have)
- Wallpaper smoother (for most wallpapers, Border & Murals this is the best way to smooth your wall covering)
- Lay Brush (more suited to larger jobs or for the Professional)
- Seam Roller
- Plumb Bob or Spirit level
- Rags to clean any spills
- Sharp adjustable blade knife
- Trim Guide and or ruler
- An old sheet or similar object to protect your floor.
- Paint Brush & Roller for applying wallpaper Paste.
Wall Preparation & Condition
For successful wallpapering the wall surface must be dry, firm, evenly absorbent, clean and smooth.
For Lightly coloured wallpapers it is recommended to have a uniform white or light neutral colour wall.
All plaster surfaces should be sealed with the recommended wall sealer for Wallpaper This may be Zinsser Shieldz or a good quality Wallpaper "Size".
Any shiny surfaces such as glass or laminate appropriately treated please ask our staff for directions as per your individual circumstances.
More Wallpapering Information
Now you have your tools, and you are confident with covering a flat wall, but whats that! A Power point, Window or Door can be a little daunting.
Here are some videos that hopefully will help you with these obstacles.